April 10th, 2020
Prep: 10 minutes, 30 minutes to 48 hours for marinating
Cooking: ~12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the steak
Serves 1 (Adjust accordingly! You probably don't need as much marinade)
A simple marinated skirt steak recipe cooked on a hot pan. Recipe adopted from here.
Thiccccccc (that's 7 c's count 'em)
1. Combine all ingredients (less pan-fry olive oil and salt) into a mixing bowl. Stir well to combine.
2. Place skirt steak in the ziploc bag. Pour marinade into bag and close the bag making sure to release as much of the air within the bag as possible. Agitate the bag so that all parts of the steak are covered.
3. Marinade steak for at least 30 minutes up to 2 days (the longer the better!).
4. Add pan-frying oil to a frying pan and heat with medium-high heat (don't go too high as the balsamic might burn). Wait until pan is hot and oil is shimmering. Fry the steak for around 3 minutes per side or until internal temperature reads 52°C (or using the finger test if you don't have a meat thermometer). Remove your steak and let your steak rest for 5 minutes (this is important! Or else you're going to lose a lot of juice).
5. Serve with a side of your choice of carbs and vegetables. I'm a big fan of rice and steak (I was brought up in a Chinese household, of course I'm going with rice).